Old Testament Survey - Module 6: Minor Prophets
Hi everyone, and welcome to the sixth module for the Old Testament survey course. In this section, we'll be working through the Minor Prophetic books of the Old Testament.
Upon successful completion of this module, the student will:
- Place the Major OT people, events and books of the Minor Prophetic Books in a general chronology.
- Explain the main message(s), organization, theme(s), and/or character(s) of the Minor Prophetic Books.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the character of God as revealed through His revelation in the praise and wisdom literature of the Minor Prophetic Books.
- Consider how God’s revelation through the Minor Prophetic Books applies in the student’s life and ministry.
Below you will find links to all the study material for this module.
In this section, you'll find links to important and supplemental documents for this module. Click the following links to open each document. The first group contains documents that explain and give instruction for all the course activities in this module. The second group is a set of blank lecture notes which you may use as a companion for the video lectures. And the last group contains summary sheets for each Bible book covered in this module.
- Individual Student Guide for Module 6
- Group Student Guide for Module 6
- Bible and Textbook Reading List for Module 6
- Timeline Instructions
- Summary Sheet for Hosea
- Summary Sheet for Joel
- Summary Sheet for Amos
- Summary Sheet for Obadiah
- Summary Sheet for Jonah
- Summary Sheet for Micah
- Summary Sheet for Nahum
- Summary Sheet for Habakkuk
- Summary Sheet for Zephaniah
- Summary Sheet for Haggai
- Summary Sheet for Zechariah
- Summary Sheet for Malachi
In this section, you will find the video lectures for the Minor Prophetic Books module. They are designed to be watched in order, but each video should make sense on its own. Click each thumbnail to open access to each video. Then click on the video to begin playback. There is also a link with each video if you prefer to watch on the YouTube interface.
In this section, you will find the review slides from the course lectures for module 6. This is a convenient way to view and review the summaries for each lecture. Click the Thumbnail picture to begin the slide show.
Click the "prev." and "next" buttons (bottom right of the slide) to move through the slides.
This section is a link to a separate page which contains a review quiz to test your understanding of the objective material for Module 7. By clicking the link, you will be taken to a series of questions, in random order. Answer each question and then push the
Submit button to check your answers. Every question must be answered before you can submit the quiz. At the end, you will be shown your score for the entire quiz. The quiz will be different each time, so feel free to take it more than once. Click the Thumbnail picture to begin the quiz.
This section contains questions for further thought and discussion from Module 1. These questions can also be used as essay questions in a classroom setting exam. It is recommended that you take time to think through these issues in order to thoroughly grasp the significance and explore the application of the material you are learning. Click the Thumbnail to view the questions.
The following questions are for your thoughtful consideration and discussion:
- What do the Books of Obadiah and Nahum contribute to our understanding of God's character? How does that apply and help us in our modern lives?
- What does the Book of Amos teach about social justice? How does this apply to our current society?
- How do the disputations in Malachi apply to your current life and culture?
- Describe the concept of "Anti-Contrast faithfulness" in the Book of Jonah. How does this make the point of the Book of Jonah? What difference does this make for your life?
- What message does the Book of Hosea have for the modern church? How does it apply?
- Which of the themes of Haggai apply most to your life and why?
- How did Habakkuk respond to God's first response? How would you respond in a similar circumstance? What does the rest of the Book tell about how we should relate to God?
Congratulations, you have reached the end of the sixth module. I hope that you have found it rewarding and have noticed personal growth.
I encourage you to continue on to the next module as soon as is convenience. The button below will take you to Module 7.